Nestled between Santiago Peak and Idyllwild-Pine Cove, sits Sun City, California. An hour from Los Angeles and San Diego, Life Care Center of Menifee has easy access to both cities, as well as a number of attractions locally. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Orange Empire Railroad Museum is home to one of the largest collections of trolleys, trains and electric cars on the west coast. Visitors can ride on many of the vehicles and visit inside more than 200 streetcars and trains.
- Discover Los Angeles, the visitors bureau for Los Angeles, is a resource for visitors in the area to view attractions, accommodations, restaurants, shopping and events in the greater Los Angeles area.
- With more than 70 aircraft in multiple air hangers and 30,000 air artifacts, visitors to the March Air Force Base Museum are given the opportunity to explore these items on walking tours and tram tours. The exhibits span from World War I to present day.
- The Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine Festival features hundreds of hot air balloons and more than 20 wineries. Events happen throughout the week, including balloon launches twice a day, concerts and barrel races.
- The San Diego Tourism Authority has links for visitors in the area to view attractions, dining, shopping, hotels and events.